Putting patients first–that is the goal of everyone at Oak Hill Hospital. With that directive in mind, we are proud to introduce our new blog. On this platform, we plan to provide medical information, offer health-related tips, introduce you to our staff, and keep you up-to-date about upcoming special events.
Oak Hill Hospital is honored to serve our neighbors and friends throughout the Nature Coast. Since our beginnings in 1984, we have grown and changed, and now we are a premiere medical facility. Residents throughout Hernando and Citrus counties know that they can turn to us for all their medical needs.
What makes our hospital so extraordinary?
- We are the first open heart surgery hospital in Hernando County.
- We received a three-year full Heart Failure Accreditation status from the Society of Chest Pain in June of 2010, making us just the third hospital in Florida to earn that accreditation.
- We are the first Chest Pain Centerin Hernando and Citrus County accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- We are the first hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited Cancer Institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS). And we are pleased to partner with Shands Health Care and the University of Florida Shands Cancer Center.This relationship enables us to provide our patients with the very latest in cancer treatments and advancements.
- We are the first Primary Stroke Center to be fully accredited by the Joint Commission (JC) in Citrus and Hernando Counties.
- We are the first comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer-aided detection.
- We are the first hospital in the region to offer a comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute.
- Our Emergency Department provides fast, efficient care, while keeping wait times low. In addition, our Pediatric Emergency Department is the only ER in the area that focuses solely on young patients.
Even today, our hospital continues to evolve. We have taken on a $50 million O.R. and Bed Tower Expansion, which will bring our total number of beds to 262, clearly making Oak Hill Hospital the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus counties. Other highlights of the expansion include:
- A two-story inpatient bed tower with 36 private rooms
- Eight additional operating room suites
- Renovation of endoscopy suites
- Replacement/expansion of the Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) area to 18 beds
- Renovation/expansion of the Central Sterile Department
- Power plant expansion to meet the needs of the growing hospital complex and to improve overall energy efficiency
- New parking lot for patients, guests, and families
We encourage you to explore our website and learn more about how Oak Hill Hospital can serve you and your family. Also, check back to this blog often. We hope you will find it to be an invaluable source of health information for you and those you love.