We are excited to report that our $50 million O.R. and Bed Tower Expansion, here at Oak Hill Hospital, is well underway! Our expansion began in February, and the 22-month project is expected to be completed by Fall 2013. The combined expansion and renovation will add about 70,000 new square feet to our facility and 30,000 square feet will be renovated. With this addition, Oak Hill Hospital will have 262 acute care beds, making it the largest facility in Citrus and Hernando Counties.
Our expansion project includes:
- A new two-story inpatient bed tower with 36 private rooms
- Eight additional state-of-the-art operating room suites
- Renovation of our endoscopy suites
- A renovation and expansion of the Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) area to 18 beds
- Renovation and expansion of our Central Sterile Department
- Power plant expansion to meet the needs of our growing hospital complex and improve energy efficiency and patient safety
- New parking lot for patients, guests and families
Just a few updates …
- All of the steel has been erected–we recently held the "topping out" celebration for construction crews as the last piece of steel was placed.
- Concrete flooring has been laid on both levels, and the interior walls for the unit are currently being constructed.
- Second phase of the redesigned patient parking area will be open soon. This new area, as well as the new associate parking area, offers our patients and guests more options for parking. Our valet service, which is currently offered at both the main entrance (A) and entrance C has been very well received.
See below for photos of the construction progress.
Construction Progress: May 2012
Construction Progress: June 2012